Sunday, May 20, 2018

Blog Post #3-Reflective Searching

As a searcher, I feel that I can find valid information and I use various sources to retrieve information. After the videos and readings this week, I now know that there are various ways to search in Google that I did not know of before. I now feel that I am more capable of finding what I am looking for quicker and from more reliable sources. I believe we are a members of a "Google Generation." With access to books and a vast amount of information on the world wide web, it is not as common to pick up a book, magazine, or encyclopedia to search for information as in years prior to the early 1990's. In terms of my web searching behavior, what I have in common with typical teens is the need to get the information right away and not doing thorough research for information.

My typical search pattern is to use Google on my phone or Chromebook, but at work we use Mozilla Fox. If I'm searching for people, I usually look for a website, usually the persons biography, instead of websites with bits and pieces of information on the person. When looking for a particular picture, I use the images tab to search instead of searching for everything that is related to the picture. As a result of this weeks' readings and videos, I will be more conscious of how I search for information so that I can pass that information on to the students and teachers to help with their research process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #6 -

"Information Fluency & Inquiry" Click on the link above to see this word cloud at WordItOut . You may also view it on thi...